- Take you steak out of the fridge 20 minutes before you want to start cooking it and place on the side at room temperature.
- Pre heat your oven at 200 degrees (for your potatoes, tomato, mushroom and garlic bread).
- Place the grated cheese onto the garlic bread.
- Once the oven is up to temperature remove the lids and place the tomato / mushroom container, potatoes container and garlic bread onto a baking tray and place into the oven and cook for around 15 minutes.
- Place your oil onto a plate and add the salt and pepper to the oil, with your hands rub the steak in to the oil mix, turning it to cover all of the steak.
- On the stove place a dry frying pan and bring to a high heat (the pan should start smoking a little), this is a good time to put your kitchen extraction fan on!
- Place the steak into the pan (do not move the steak around just leave to seal/sizzle), turn the heat down slightly if need be.
- You will need to cook the steak to your liking, below is a rough guide on timing, if you are not sure you can pearce it with a sharp knife to see how it is doing.
Blue: 2 mins each side.
Rare: 3 mins each side.
Medium-rare: 4 mins each side.
Medium: 5 mins each side.
- Once the steak is cooked take the pan off the heat and place the garlic/herb butter portion on top and cover with foil, the butter will melt while the steak is resting.
- If you are adding garlic prawns use the pan you cooked the steak in, place the steak onto a plate and cover with foil, place the prawns, garlic butter and oil into the prawn and cook on a medium heat, stirring continuously until the prawns have changed colour and are piping hot (around 2/3 minutes).
- If having sauce, place the plastic container in the microwave at high heat for around 2 min with the lid a jar, stir and check piping hot.
- One a warm plate, place the watercress, tomato, mushroom, potatoes and steak (add prawns and pour over butter or sauce) and enjoy!